I Am Sorry

I think one of the hardest things I've learned is that you can have a good heart and still make a mistake.

I thought I was having a private conversation with someone I trusted. I shared my feelings honestly, never expecting those words to leave that conversation. Somehow they did, and now I'm sitting here wondering if I've lost someone who meant so much to me.

I keep replaying everything in my head, wishing I could go back and stay quiet. Wishing I could undo a few sentences that changed everything.

The hardest part is that I never wanted to hurt anyone. If I could take it all back, I would. Not because my feelings weren't real, but because I never wanted them to become someone else's pain.

People always talk about heartbreak after a relationship ends, but no one really talks about the heartbreak of losing a friend. It's a different kind of grief. You don't just miss the person you miss the conversations, the laughter, the comfort of knowing they'd be there. One day everything feels normal, and the next, you're wondering if they'll ever look at you the same again.

Tonight my heart feels heavy. I'm sad, I'm disappointed in myself, and I'm scared that one mistake might cost me someone I truly cared about.

All I can do now is apologize, learn from this, and hope that time is kinder than today.

If this friendship is meant to find its way back to me, I hope it does. If not, I hope one day we both remember the good more than the mistake.

Comments

Popular Posts